Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ouch!

Today when I tried to get out of bed, it hurt. My legs are so sore from the last two days. It hurts but feels good all at the same time. I wasn't sure when I was going to get my running in today. I decided I would get my workout clothes on so when the opportunity arose, I would be ready to go. As soon as Maddie went down for a nap I was UP AND RUNNING! I wasn't sure how much time I would have but I really wanted to get at least 2 miles in. I ended up running 2.5 miles even though my legs were so sore. Along with the running, I have been really focusing on a low carb, high protein diet. Breakfast is usually egg whites with some ham. Chicken salad or a lettuce wedge is usually on the menu for lunch if I can manage to get it in. Dinner is a lot of veggies (asparagus, string beans, peppers, broccoli, spinach) and some sort of protein. As far as snacks, I usually have sugar free jello with whip cream, sherbet or some honey wheat pretzel sticks with peanut butter. I still do have my occasional treats likes my once a week donut that I buy when I go food shopping. Definitely not ready to give that up yet.

I do have to say I am really enjoying running. I am already thinking ahead as to when I am going to fit in my running tomorrow. I am looking forward to another day.

1 comment: