Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What??? 3 Miles???

March 29, 2011

3 Miles...Never. That wasn't even a thought when I jumped on the treadmill on my second day of training. This time I brought down my cell phone and listened to music. Believe it or not, I listened to Kidz Bop songs. I admit it. Kidz Bop songs are songs sung by kids but I just love them. I love them because it reminds me of Hailey singing songs around the house. I think of how my commitment to a healthier lifestyle is good for her and could benefit her in so many ways. So once again I got in my zone staring at the Rubbermaid bin across the basement and listening to music. My goal was again to run 2 miles. At 1.3 miles, I felt tired. My legs were sore but I knew the feeling would pass. By 1.7 miles I felt like I was running downhill and knew I could do 2 miles. Once I hit 2 miles, I felt darn good. I told myself I would go just half a mile more. At 2.5 miles I thought about writing on my blog how I did 3 miles and so I did it! I ran 3 miles on my second day of training. The best part was was that I was actually still standing upright and I was breathing normally. I didn't feel like I just ran 3 miles. I didn't feel that until I had to walk up the basement stairs. Talk about sore muscles. I quickly spread the word by sending out a text to a few people. I felt so good and my day felt so much better. Let's see what my next day of training holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment