Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wallkill Rail Trail

Today was a beautiful day outside so I definitely was up and walking, not running. Hailey was invited to a friend's house to go swimming so I put the jogging stroller in the car, packed up Maddie and picked up a friend. We went for a nice 3 mile walk and half of it was with an additional 18lbs---yes, Maddie got cranky so I had to carry her for 1.5 miles. It was such a beautiful trail. The Wallkill Rail Trail is a paved path through the woods of the Hudson Valley. It is a very calm and peaceful path to travel and it is especially fun when walking with a friend.

I wish I could find a partner to train with for the half marathon. It is hard to find someone who has a similar schedule and also runs my same pace.

As I sit here and write this post, I am icing my ankle. I am counting down the days until I go to the orthopedic doctor. I am anxious to get some answers and find out why my ankle is still hurting and I am still limping.

Here is my trip from today:

www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1146805

No comments:

Post a Comment