Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Finally a Post-Lessons Learned

After I did my 5K race, my ankle was really bothering me. If you recall, I had hurt my ankle the week before my race and was advised by the dr. to not run the race. Lesson #1 learned....if you have an injury, stop and let it heal. So here we are almost 1 month later and my ankle is still giving me trouble and my workouts have been limited. Because it is still bothering me so much, I am seeing an orthopedic dr. who specializes in ankle/foot injuries in about another week.

I haven't been blogging because there really hasn't been much to blog about. I haven't been able to challenge myself in any way but I am hoping that changes within the next week. I have done a few long walks and runs but nothing too special.

I have spent a lot of time researching half marathon training schedules and reading various running blogs. I just finished reading "Running For Women" by Kara Goucher-an Olympic runner. I have compared several half marathon training schedules and I have officially overwhelmed myself with training overload. I am not quite sure of my training plan yet but whatever I choose to do, I am going to start from scratch as if I have never run before. I have a feeling I injured myself from doing too much too soon.

I am counting down the days to registration for the Disney Princess Half Marathon. Only 1 more month and you can bet I will be on the computer at 12:01AM on July 5 submitting my registration. Facebook has a great group that is just for those running the half marathon. I have read some great tips from runners who have completed the race before. I have also been viewing videos of the race on youtube and it really motivates me to keep focusing on preparing myself for this big day.

Today I am doing a simple walk on a rail trail with one of my friends. It is important to keep moving every day even though the weather is getting hotter and hotter in the Northeast. I am not a big fan of the heat but I will suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment