Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Up and Running Again

It has been a long time since I have been able to be up and running. About 2 weeks ago I finally was able to get an appointment with an orthopedic about my ankle. Turns out that I actually did indeed fracture my ankle. So I now have a soft cast on and am not really suppose to be doing too much on the ankle. I am also suppose to go to physical therapy 3 times a week. I have decided that the best therapy is to slowing start training again.

I will be in Cape Cod in Massachusetts for the next two weeks. What a better place to get up and running again. The terrain in pretty flat and what is more beautiful than walking and running along the beach. I also put an interval trainer on my phone so I can begin to train the right way-by not overdoing it. I set up the trainer to do one minute of running and one and a half minutes of walking. I was aiming for completing 10 rounds. I was able to do a 35 minute walk/run training session. It felt very god to get back into the swing of things. My ankle held up and it isn't feeling too bad.

I am secretly hoping to possible do a 4.81 mile race here in North Falmouth on July 9. I am completely unfamiliar with the race as well as the course. I also hope that you can walk/run it. I haven't registered yet. I want to give myself a few more days of doing some interval training.

No comments:

Post a Comment