Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Easy Run Day

I usually try to run every other day to prevent overtraining and injury since I am only 25 days away from a very big race. However, I have run for the past three days for a total of 12 miles. The week ahead looks a bit hectic and crazy for me so I wanted to get my runs in when I knew I could. The next few days I am hoping to start a new workout dvd set called Turbo Fire. It is high intensity interval training workouts as well as fat burning workouts. It is similar to Insanity which I was doing a few months ago.

Today I did my easy run. It wasn't as easy as I thought simply because I had to do my run at 7:15 tonight. I am not a night excerciser. I prefer to definitely get my runs in in the morning. I was distracted thinking that there was laundry to get done, my cell was ringing, the kids needed a bath, etc, etc, etc. I hate distractions and not being focused. I tried to remind myself that everything will get done but it is important to stay focused. I kept trying to visualize race day and running along the route and finally the finish line. It worked for a little while.

I am not sure what is on the plan for tomorrow. I would like to get a run in but if not, I am open to trying out my new dvd set. I have to keep reminding myself that overtraining will only open me up to an injury. Definitely don't want that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment