Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Friday, August 5, 2011

Extra Run

Yesterday I wasn't so sure I would get a run in but I had about an hour between picking Hailey up from her art camp and Chris leaving for work. I set my HIIT timer (interval training) to do 2 min run/1 min walk. During my first walk interval, my knee kind of gave out and then I realized that I better slow down so I do not injure myself before my big race later this month. It kind of is like a catch 22. You have to run and train but with doing that comes the risk of injuring yourself. I never run less than 3 miles and have gone as far a 6. I would like to do 7 next week, then 8, then 9 then my big race of 10 miles. I just know that I am getting closer and closer and I cannot lose a day of training to injury or simply just wanting to take an extra day of rest.

I would like to do some cross training today by doing a Turbo Fire dvd. That is my goal for today at some point. In any case, just being active every day is what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment