Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Almost There....

The last week I have spent really psyching myself up for the big 10 mile race I am doing this Saturday. Running is not only a physical sport but also a mental one. You tend to play a lot of mind games with yourself and sometimes the mind does win. I realized during my last one that many times my legs can keep moving but sometimes my mind says to stop. I am hoping that during Saturday's race I am focused and not distracted. I have been preparing a long time for this day.

I hate the anticipation about the race. I know I will feel intimidated by many but have to remember that I have come very far in the last 5 months. I never thought I would be a 37 year old mom of two running a 10 mile race.

I have cut back on my mileage this past week. I have been running every other day but no more than 3.5 miles. Tomorrow will be my last run day before the big day. The race is early in the morning which I am happy about since I am a morning person.

I am a little nervous about getting dehydrated so I am going to water down some Gatorade Performance drink in my water bottle and drink that throughout the race. I also packed 10 skittles and will eat one after every completed mile. I have Luna protein bars packed to eat after the race. It will be a long day no doubt. Running 10 miles then driving 5 hours home to be get home before Hurricane Irene brings some nasty weather our way. I am looking forward to finishing the race, getting home safely and laying on the couch knowing I just achieved another goal.

Wish me luck....my next post will be after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment