Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Plan Seems To Be Working

My training plan for my 10 Miler seems to be working. I am running faster and running longer distances than I was before. I now do a recovery jog at what use to be my running pace. My running pace is now faster at a 12 minute mile. This is pretty significant for me so I am hoping that within the next 5 weeks of training I will be running a 12 minute mile continuously. I also feel that the cross training I am doing in between my run days are helping me build strength as well.

Today was my fast run day and my run was for 38 minutes and I completed 3 miles. My intervals are jogging/walking/fast run. This was my first day doing a fast run and to me it was a fun run. I really enjoyed the challenge of running fast and feeling accomplished when the interval was over. I am glad that I finally feel that I have put together a training program that is working for me. I am not overtraining and I am not burning myself out. I just bought Jeff Galloway's "Half Marathon" book and am hoping to get a few more good ideas from him.

I am all registered the the 10 mile race and I booked my hotel room. I am looking forward to crossing the finish line and am hoping to do that is 2 hours and 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment