Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Monday, May 9, 2011

Beautiful Morning

My goal was to be out by 7AM today for my run. Well, I was up and running at 6:45. I fed Maddie at 6AM put her back in her crib and left everyone else in the house sleeping. What a great way to start a morning. It is so quiet and peaceful out at that time of day. It was breezy and the birds were chirping away. I ran 3.3 miles and was back just in time to be there when Hailey woke up.

Here's my run from today:

www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1106617

I am a little nervous about my upcoming run on Sunday because I somehow hurt my ankle yesterday. I don't remember hurting it but when I came home from the track, my ankle was really bothering me. I hurt all throughout my run today and I didn't realize how much pain I was in until I stopped running when I got home. It is difficult going up and down the stairs and just walking in general without limping. I have absolutely no idea what I did. I am icing it when I can but I don't want this to interfere with my runs this week. I really need to keep up the pace this week in anticipation of Sunday's race.

I also started reading Runner's World magazine. It is filled with great information and some really cool products for a runner. Never knew there was so much out there. I would love to find a local mentor/running group to get involved with to help improve my running. Maybe I will start looking into that.

Not sure what will happen tomorrow with my ankle. If anything, maybe a fast walk will just have to do.

1 comment: