Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Friday, May 13, 2011

Better Day

Today was much different than yesterday. Maddie was in good spirits and I ran a bit longer. I went 3.5 miles mostly walking with a few short runs here and there. Although my ankle is still swollen and in quite a bit of pain, I am determined to run the 5K on Sunday. I can't believe that I really haven't run since Monday. That makes me nervous.

I read a trick in Runner's World magazine. It said to count slowly to 100 as you run so you distract yourself from any pain or thought of wanting to stop running during a race. I tried that today and it worked. I plan on counting to 100 over and over again. I just hope I don't finish last. I guess the worst case scenario is that I have to walk some of it which will slow me down. But at least I will cross the finish line.

Here is the route I did today with Maddie in the jogging stroller. The weather was great and perfect day for a walk/run. So glad that Maddie did great and I didn't have to carry her the last mile.

www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1113168

No comments:

Post a Comment