Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Monday, May 2, 2011

What A Difference!

Today was my best outdoor run yet. It started early and it was nice and cool outside. I think those two factors helped make a difference. I ran 4.2 miles but the best part for me was I ran 12 minute miles. I was able to keep the pace throughout the run and was much more focused. I started out pretending today was the day of my 5K race so I had no choice but to keep up a good pace and push through the uneven and hilly terrain. I just kept visualizing the finish line. I was so happy when I felt I finally crossed my imaginary finish line.

Chris put an app on my cell phone call "allsport gps." It tracks your miles, pace, calories, etc. I can then go on the computer and see the results, as well as see them on my cell phone. It also shows your elevation which shows me just how uphill the last mile of my run is. Here's the link to my run:

www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1097039


I am not sure why it says I was inactive for 12 minutes or so. When I did get home, I didn't shut the app off immediately so that probably has something to do with it. My run was 49 minutes...4 minutes less than my last one.

On Saturday, I tried to go for a run with Maddie in the jogging stroller and Hailey on her scooter. I was only able to go for 30 minutes because my 8 year old was worse than my 6 month old. First she was hot and had to take her jacket off. Then she was cold so she had to put it back on. Then she found a turtle shell that I had to stop and look at. It was more difficult than I anticipated mostly because Hailey just wanted to ride a scooter and have fun. So fun we had and did find another turtle shell along the way.

Less than two weeks to go until my 5K race. I am hoping the weather is just like today and I am glad it is in the morning. I am definitely a morning person when it comes to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment