Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Friday, April 29, 2011

Maddie's First Run

Here's Maddie before our first outdoor run this morning. I decides that as soon as she woke up we would be up and running. I had planned to go yesterday but it rained all day so instead I stayed in and did circuit training from the Insanity total body conditioning program.

I was a little nervous about going mostly because I didn't know how Maddie would like the run. You never know unless you try, right? It was a huge success. The weather was perfect. Maddie made not one peep the entire time. I ended up doing 2.5 miles but did some walking along the way. This was only my second run outside plus my first run pushing the jogging stroller so I will most certainly be happy with 2.5 miles with a few breaks of walking here and there.

I definitely enjoyed this run more so than my first run outside on Tuesday. It was nice having company with me and the weather was so much cooler. Now if Hailey can learn to ride a two wheeler, she can come along with me too. I am getting excited about my upcoming 5K run. I hope the weather is like today. Great running weather.

It is easy to now go about the rest of my day feeling like I accomplished another goal. I am looking forward to many more runs with Maddie and hopefully Hailey.

1 comment: