Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Monday, April 4, 2011

One Week Ago Today...

One week ago today Up And Running was born. Today marks one week that I made the commitment to improve myself by training to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. Although it is quite a ways away as you can see from my countdown ticker on this page, I wanted to start focusing on myself and my health sooner rather than later. So far so good. Today I ran 2.5 miles and it is funny how I think of it as a quick workout now. What a difference one week can make. I am keeping a running total of how many miles I have run and today makes 18.5 miles.

I ordered 2 free issues to Runner's World and I hope that it will give me some good pointers on building endurance, training, etc. I am not sure if they will get read simply because I have a pile of People magazine and Parenting magazine sitting here that remains untouched. Can't seem to find the time to just sit and read. I would rather be up and running. I am going to start looking for some local 5K's that I can run in the spring. I would like to also start running outside but for now I will make that a goal for a later date. I am enjoying my treadmill and don't want to cheat on my trusted friend just yet with the outside world.

I am very focused on eating healthy and never thought I would enjoy a pile of vegetables on my plate. But when you work hard at achieving something, I hate to sabotage it just for the sake of the taste of something delicious. I must say, however, tomorrow is my day to go food shopping and I will still buy my one donut and enjoy it immensely. Unfortunately, the girl scout cookies have also arrived but I was sure to place them way up high in the pantry. Hopefully, out of sight out of mind. I plan on putting them out at a Mary Kay Get Pampered Party I am having this weekend.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I have a lot of errands to do and a dentist appointment to go to. I can probably fit my run in later in the day. I don't feel as focused during that time of day though. But something is better than nothing I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment