Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Friday, April 15, 2011

Change Of Pace

Today was a change of pace for me. I ran 14:17 minute miles instead of 13:20 minute miles. But I increased my incline to 2.0 which is suppose to be a better representation of what it would be like running outside but running on a treadmill instead. So I ran at a slower speed since today was my first day at running at this new incline. My goal was to run just 1 mile to get use to it. I played around with the speed a bit at first but then just thought I should get myself into a comfortable running pace rather than worry about speed. After 1 mile, I felt as if I could keep going so I went for 2 miles. It definitely was a challenge but I won't go back now. I will keep the incline at 2.0 and worry about my running pace later one. My total running mileage is now 44 miles. I realize that when training for long distance runs, I should be more concerned with endurance and how long I run not so much how far I run. But it is easier to keep track of miles so I will continue to do that.
Tomorrow I would like to run for one hour and do a longer run.

Today was my 37th birthday and my presents were geared towards my new love for running. Hailey gave me a Mickey hat to wear as I train for and run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. It is the perfect gift from a 7 year old. Chris gave me a Sportline ECG heart rate monitor watch. It is a sports watch that tells you your heart rate, how many calories you burned and your time. It also has other features but those are the ones I will be using the most. Below are some pictures of my very thoughtful gifts. Maddie gave me a little something too but it didn't have anything to do with running (a little stick figure decal of a little girl for my car to add her to the ones we already have of our family)







No comments:

Post a Comment