Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Friday, April 8, 2011

Longest Run Yet

Today was my longest run yet in miles not in time. I ran 4.5 miles in one hour. Since I have increased my speed I am running further in distance but the most I have ever run in time has been one hour straight. I took yesterday off because I have had a nagging pain in my side since Tuesday. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle running so I decided to take the day off and see if it went away. Well, it didn't go away so I decided today I would be up and running.

I didn't have a real plan for today's run. My only plan was do whatever Maddie allows me to do today. She didn't nap real well yesterday so I didn't know what was going to happen today. I put the travel swing in the basement and told myself if she at least sleeps for 1/2 hour then at least I got a quick run in. Here's Maddie sleeping in her travel swing next to the treadmill while I am running.
After 30 minutes, Maddie started fussing and I was kind of disappointed. I really wanted just a few more minutes. Well, she ended up falling back asleep after about a minute so I kept on running. At 45 minutes she did the same thing but went back to sleep. Lucky me. So now I had my sights set on a 1 hour run. Maddie cooperated and not only did I get a good run in but she also got a good nap in. My total mileage now is 29.1 miles.

Now I feel more focused and have the whole day ahead of me. What a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment