Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ready, Set, Race!

Today I signed up for my first official 5K race. It will take place on Sunday, May 15th in my town. Now I need to really start running outside every now and again to see how different it is from running on my treadmill. Today my goal was to run 3.5 miles but I actually hung on until I ran 4 miles. It took my 52 minutes. If I can keep the same pace for the 5K race, I should be able to complete the race in about 40 minutes. Maybe quicker if I pick up my speed between now and May 15.

Today when I was running I was thinking about how differently I feel since I started running just 2 short weeks ago. I definitely feel like I have more energy, more positive and more self confident. I also noticed that I stand up straighter when I am running. Hopefully this means my core is getting stronger. Above all, it is nice to take some time to be alone and recharge my batteries.

I brought a big black garbage bag up to my bedroom and I am getting ride of my old clothes and bringing in some new ones. I definitely need an updated wardrobe. I haven't bought new clothes in such a long time. I also made an appointment for a pedicure and a hair coloring. A little spoiling can go a long way.

Total Running Mileage To Date: 39 miles and counting

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Kell! I like that you keep track of your total running mileage. You're giving me the push I need to start exercising again.

    ReplyDelete