Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Monday, April 18, 2011

Insanity...Dig Deeper

Today I tried something new. I am starting a new body conditioning program called Insanity by Shaun-T. This program is an series of high intensity interval training segments that is suppose help condition your body and build your core, endurance and cardiovascular health. So I might as well give it a try. Insanity's motto is "dig deeper." I truly feel that this is what I have done in the past three weeks every time I got on my treadmill to run. If I set out to run 1 mile, I dug deeper and ran 2. If I tried to do a mile at a higher speed, I dug deeper and kept running longer and faster. Once I achieved a goal, I never went backwards. I never settled for less than what I could do. I will couple this with running as well since I have really enjoyed running. Today I did the Fit Test. Boy was it a challenge. I was thankful for the minute rest in between each interval. I did switch kicks, power knees, power jumps, suicide jumps, push up jacks and low plank obliques. My hope is that I will become more conditioned so I can run faster and longer. In two weeks, I will take the fit test again and see if I have improved.

I am looking forward to May 15 when I run my first 5K. Today I wore new running socks and a new running shirt both of which felt great to wear. Apparently, "cotton is rotten" when it comes to socks when running so no more cotton socks for me. I really need to start cleaning out my old workout clothes---out with the old, in with the new.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kell, I just found this article and thought you might be interested:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/livestrongcom/marathon-training-_b_840276.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cait. Interesting article. Maybe one day a marathon is in my future.

    ReplyDelete