Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Thursday, April 14, 2011

3 More Miles

Total Running Mileage: 42 Miles

Today I ran 3 miles but my initial thought was to do 2.5. I was pressed for time and I didn't know how long Maddie would sleep. I decided that I would run until she woke up. As you can guess, I got 3 miles in which is a a 40 minute run. I was happy with both the length of time and the mileage. I have been doing more and more research on local races and even races not so local. I also have been looking at message boards and photos from the Disney Princess Half Marathon 2011. I didn't realize that Disney hosts many running events. All different lengths of races and all different times of day. There is another half marathon in September in which the race starts at 10PM. Too bad Disney wasn't closer. I would have loved to try a night race through Disney. I have found a lot of information on www.disneyrunning.com. It even gives you running maps around the resort so you can still run while you go on vacation there.

I am trying to find a race to run every month. I have a 5K race in May I am signed up to do. There is another one in June I am interested in doing but won't sign up for until I complete the race in May. I would love to run the Falmouth Road Race in Cape Cod in August but I have to get picked through the lottery system to get in. So that is not a definite race. Last year I watched the race and said I was going to run it. I am definitely more committed now than ever before.

I am going to start running outside 1-2 days a week to help with my training. I hope I can do that as it is easier for me to run on the treadmill with Maddie napping along side of me. I would like to run on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Let's see how that works out.

Not sure what tomorrow's run will bring. Until then.....42 Miles Completed in 17 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment