Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Met A New Goal I Didn't Yet Set Out To Achieve

So today was very busy and hectic. I only had one hour from the time I got home until I had to get Hailey off the bus. I quick put on my workout clothes and sneakers and I was up and running. In my haste, I set the treadmill at a speed of 4.5. I didn't realize it at first. I usually run 15 minute miles at a speed of 4.0. After a few minutes I felt more out of breath than usually. That is when I realized the speed was increased and set to run 13:20 minute miles. A big difference for me. A minute and forth seconds faster is quick a jump. I started turning it back down to my normal speed but then put it back up and thought I would try to run 1 mile at a 13:20 minute pace. I did it! I felt pretty good so I did another mile. 2 miles down at my new running pace. I had about 10 minutes left until I had to run outside to get Hailey off the bus. I totaled 2.6 miles in 40 minutes. A new goal has been achieved and I didn't even set out to do it. I felt pretty good although my knees still hurt. I have run 21.1 miles in 7 days.

I realize that running and training for a half marathon isn't so much about distance as it is about endurance which is why I try to run at least 40-60 minutes a day. I want to keep building up how long I can run versus how far I can run. It is a work in progress.

I must confess that I did go food shopping today and did get my one donut. It was delicious but not my favorite donut I usually get. Guess everyone else got their donuts before me today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to eat it after I bought it because I had to go to the dentist. I had to look at my donut for a good 2 1/2 hours before I could eat it. But it was well worth the wait :)

Dinner tonight was yummy homemade vegetable soup with turkey meatballs. I also am increasing my water intake. I usually don't drink much during the day but I now am carrying my water bottle around with me and try to make sure I drink at least 2 water bottles full each day. I also love my green tea in the morning. I even give Hailey a cup with her breakfast. She loves it too.

I am putting in a picture of my inspirations: my family...Chris, Hailey and Madison. I run for a healthier me and a happier me. As I run, I think about my family and all the great memories and times we have ahead of us that can be enjoyed with good health. Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment