Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No Going Back

So today I hit the treadmill knowing that since I ran a 13:20 minute mile, I would have to do that again today. No going back. Although I felt like running at a slower pace today, I knew that I could probably run at the same speed today. I ended up running 3.5 miles in 45 minutes. My grand total is 24.6 miles so far. Not too shabby for a beginner runner. I printed out a training guide specifically made for running the Disney Princess Half Marathon. To my surprise, training only consists of running 3 times a week....30 minutes twice a week and then a 3 miles run every other Saturday and a longer run on the the Saturdays in between. Weird. Doesn't seem like that little training over a 5 month period would get you to cross the finish line. But I guess it does.

It is amazing how I feel like I have come so far in such a short amount of time. Looking back at my previous posts, I was so excited to run 3 miles. Now a "quick" run is 2 miles for me. 3 miles now doesn't seem so difficult. I still can't believe I actually look forward to running and can't wait to get to the treadmill. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am alone in a quiet place where I can just focus and think straight. Those moments don't come around too much during the day with juggling family and a business. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment