Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cardio Recovery

Today was my cardio recovery day which mean a I basically did a workout that was still tough but was a much slower pace. Lots of squats and yoga poses. I can honestly say I am not such a big fan of the slow going tempo. Made a 40 minute workout feel like 2 hours. It was a nice change of pace though.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing my first run outside. I am going to the local track and will run 3.5 miles in preparation for my 5K race on May 15. The plan is to run 2 laps at a normal pace and then 1 lap faster than the first two and the next lap faster than the previous 3 laps. Then start the intervals all over again. I will time my laps to see how well I do. Fingers crossed I keep a good pace and do well.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment