Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Sunday, April 3, 2011

4 Mile Run=16 Miles For The Week

Today my goal was to run a 5K. I thought a 5K was 3.5 miles but when I googled it, it said a 5K is 3.1. So that was what I was going to do. Originally I planned on doing my run in the afternoon but I just don't feel like I focus as much in the afternoon as I do in the morning. Probably because it is later in the day and I am thinking of all of the stuff I still have to do. So I brought the travel swing down to the basement, put my workout clothes on including my sneakers and at the first sign of Maddie rubbing her eyes, I would be up and running.

I didn't know if Maddie would cooperate. Yesterday she only napped 20 minutes at a time. Wasn't sure if the same thing would happen. It was worth a try though. I told myself as long as I get 2 miles in, it would be considered a good day. So with Maddie napping in the travel swing next to the treadmill and Hailey playing with her dolls, I began what I hoped would be a practice 5K race. Not only did I complete the 3.1 miles but I made it to 4 miles. The first 2 miles went fast. I knew I could go to 3.1. Before I knew it, 4 miles was complete and I felt great. It took me 1 hour but I did it. Couldn't believe I ran for 1 hour straight. Best part, Maddie was still sleeping. I am glad that I am building my endurance. I am going to start looking for some local 5K races to run in the Spring. Until tomorrow....

1 comment: