Disney Princess Half Marathon Countdown

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nice Day...Terrible Walk/Run

So I took the last two days off in hopes of giving my ankle some rest. Because I have my first 5K on Sunday, I thought today I would take Maddie in the jogging stroller and go for a long run/walk. It turned out to be a very unfocused and not so great run/walk. It all started when I turned on my all sport gps tracker and it wasn't set up to the way I am use to having it set up. It still tracked my way but I like to be able to view the information throughout my work out and I couldn't do that today. Then Maddie's socks kept falling off and she kept dropping her toys so I had to keep stopping. My plan was to run 5 minutes then walk 10 minutes. I was aiming for a 3.3 mile route. I was so distracted plus my ankle was really bothering me when I walked. But I still tried to run and only lasted 3 minutes until I was limping. All I kept thinking about was how am I going to run the race on Sunday. I kept walking and was about 1 mile from home when Maddie decided to start screaming-tears and all. So I had to pick her up out of the jogger and carry her the rest of the way home. Now I was limping, holding a solid 18 pounder and pushing a jogging stroller and I was a mile from home. Oh and I eventually took her socks off so she w0uldn't lose one but I ended up losing one anyway. Somehow it fell out of the cup holder. Go figure.

Here's my course for today...50 minutes to do 2.7 miles...how pathetic is that!

www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1111530


I still plan on doing the race. The funny thing is I can deal with the pain but I am more frightened at the thought of coming in last and long after everyone was finished. I just know I will not be able to keep a good pace and will probably just doing my running limp along the 5K route. After the race, I can ice the heck out of it and then take a week off. But I will do the race no matter what. I am committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment